Ambroid
Home Create News Forums Kills HOF Links Premium Ranking Page
Ambroid Forums

me21 Posted: 17-03-2012 02:10:54
me21

Alliance: 1
Also Facebook integration has been recommended highly by countless users. Also if user count has consistently dropped why havent you changed something major. Find out why their leaving or something. Find something you can change

MarkSharp Posted: 17-03-2012 03:32:27
Alliance: 0
or sell it to some one that wants to invest the time to change it

jakemelonas Posted: 17-03-2012 03:35:15
Maybe that too, but the more places you put the game, the higher chance that there will be more users

HeZ Posted: 17-03-2012 07:41:16
Alliance: 3
Personally i think that the attacking system needs balancing, sure that is not the only improvement that could be had, there are many others. However I feel that it is a big one. If it was much more difficult for land to change hands then i think that a lot of newer players would come and stay. For example when nogata left alliance 2, with an extremely strong lead in both land and defense - it took me not 2 days to build up an army and in a matter of minutes completely clean him out. That is probably the same for all the lower ranks, a newer player builds up land and an army, then all of a sudden next time they log in they have been attacked 10 times by another player and lost 65.1% of their army and land.

Currently, the only really viable strategy is safety in numbers. Any one individual that is alone or has a lot of land is extremely vulnerable. And there simply isn't enough active players to have multiple large alliances.

Like i said before i think reducing the amount of attacks that a player can make is a good idea. Introducing a unit availability system may be something to consider, where each unit can only be used one in a 6/12/24 hour period, If you have 200 ap then you can make two 100ap attacks, or 200 1ap attacks and so on. Premium players could have a instant reset, where they can reset availability once or twice every tick.

Fist Posted: 17-03-2012 10:47:11
Decap, the game really wont be getting much better than what it currently is..The main reason why the game isnt developing is because of your lack of interest to invest in it..

How to get more users:

1. You need to put some finance in it..You need to advertise and your investment will playoff.

2. Secondly, you need to make the guides more noob friendly..Just listing a line about what a building does will not make players feel like playing because they will eventually get nailed by better players.

me21 Posted: 18-03-2012 01:02:21
me21

First he has to make a game worth playing. We get lots of users. None stay is the problem. Even users who know how to play won't stay.

HeZ Posted: 18-03-2012 06:43:38
An android/iOS app would be cool too. People love apps :) if its a free app on the market people will download it and be much more enclined to play it when they are going about their day :) Dont know if yous have any experience writing apps, but with a basic understanding of java and xml they are realy quite easy

jakemelonas Posted: 18-03-2012 19:19:03
exactly, word of mouth is a great thing, the more that download it, the more they tell their freinds, etc

Decapitator Posted: 19-03-2012 18:13:46
ADMINISTRATOR
Decapitator

Whats the point in developing an app for phone when hologrpahics will be here in 5 years time. lol. technically there is a facebook app, me21. how many use it? next to none.

its not really the fact that time isnt being spent into ambroid, its the fact that even if it was, the industry the game is in, is dying.
text based games are becoming relics and forgotton. the ones on mobile phones are the lucky ones, but their time is coming to an end soon also, due to new inventions and forcoming technologies.

there is one glipse of hope for ambroid tho, the fact it is a text based game.
you buy an old car because its an old item and has value. you could play ambroid in the future because it is one of few games out there that still offer textbased play. but the reality is, how many people buy old cars? fuck all. in the time i took to write this comment, someone on this game was playing a flash based game and loving the fact they could move and swing objects around.

the truth about ambroid is when jason cleveley (previous owner) sold the game to me, he was very aware of the upcoming market crisis in text-based games. the figures were obvious in the userbase and premium dropouts. it was just a matter of time before text based games were a thing of... well, shit in the past.

the games content has come along way since 2.0. but clearly, it has no effect to people that love playing games on facebook through complete animations.

to make ambroid into a flash based game requires money and hiring or employing a flash based programmer. back in the hayday it may well have been possible to spend what little cash ambroid made to hire such a person, but unfortuntely jason cleveley did not do this and sold up to me insted, probably knowing the for-coming future and the fact i would not be able to employ or hire such a person to do this job.

you could throw £50,000 in advertisement for this game and probably in the long term get a £5000 come back. since i neither have that money nore the time quite frankily to pursue such action (albeit a shit action at that 10% profit is fuck all) i dont see a point.

me21 Posted: 20-03-2012 00:38:10
me21

Still there are things you can do to the old car to sell it to people. Theres a market for just about everything. And if there is an app why isnt it put right on the front cover? If people have it on their facebook I bet we'd be twice as active. It should be right in HQ, "Like Ambroid? Get the app for FaceBook!" or something along those lines. The reason next to no one uses it is because next to no one knows about it

Pages: << < 1 [2] 3 4 > >>

To post on this forum, you must be a member of the game.

Login
User:  
Pass:  
(Create An Account)
(Forgot Your Details?)

Other Versions

Donate
Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional